Sunday, May 11, 2014
An Unexpected Motherhood
We won't go into how I got in this predicament. It's long, it's depressing, and there are much more appropriate outlets for me to share that story. The point is, I'm here. I'm a single mom. No, I didn't choose to do it this way. Yes, I would love for it to have turned out differently, but it didn't.
The way I see it, I have two choices: 1) Lay there and fall apart; 2) Continue to be a relatively functional person. Number one just leads to a whole lot of other problems that I just don't feel like dealing with (I have enough problems as it is). Number two, honestly, requires less work.
Don't get me wrong. I don't think anyone could blame me if I wanted to curl into a ball and watch reruns of Judge Judy all day. I can't tell you how many times I've said, "I wish I could fall apart." I can't. Believe me, I don't want to temp fate, but I'm pretty sure at this point, I'm incapable of it, unfortunately (yes, unfortunately).
No, I didn't get everything I wanted, but I got her. Yep, I have my moments I want to scream and run for the hills, but she's completely worth it. It isn't perfect, and I'm not always happy, but it's my life. I don't like people who aren't willing to show me the messy parts of their lives. So here it is: the good, bad, and the messy. (And I promise all my non-mom friends, it won't just be annoying kids stuff).
In my last blog, Drinking Alone, we bellied up to the bar. This time, pour me a double while I sink into the couch, 'cause I'm drinking for two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment